iOS Device Security
A short list of the basic security measures you can take today to make your iPhone more secure.
- Update to the latest version of iOS
- Use a six-digit passcode or alfa-numerical password/passphrase
- Turn off Touch ID
- Set Ask for passcode to immediately
- Turn off everything in Access while locked
- Turn on Wipe Data after 10 failed attempts
- Check your privacy settings; which apps have access to your location, microphone, camera, movement and fitness, and health data?
- Turn on "Do not follow" in safari settings
- Turn on "Automatic updates for Apps"
- Turn on Find my iPhone
- Turn on Send last known location
- Turn on Turn on Two-Factor-Authentification
- Add a trusted phone number to your iCloud security apart from your own
Apps and Services
- install and activate 1Blocker for blocking online trackers in Safari
- install Onion browser, a TOR-browser for iOS
- install 1Password for secure and encrypted access to your passwords
- install TunnelBear or Cloak as your VPN provider while on public wifi networks
When flying to the USA, make an encrypted backup of your iPhone with iTunes, wipe your iPhone, after you've gone through the TSA you can restore your iPhone from this backup.
Last updated: May 24th 2017
Older posts ❤